YOUTH FORMATION UPDATES
K-8th grade Religion Update: (updated 10/29/21)
- Homeschool (K-8th grade): For all who chose the Homeschool option this year, you can still pick up workbooks from the church office. Letters were mailed, but also emailed to you. If you did not get email, call the office to give your email address 879-1506, ext. 20.
- K-5th graders, Attending in person class: Letters were mailed, but also emailed to you. If you did not get email, call the office to give your email address 879-1506, ext. 20. Classes began on October 25th (on Mondays only); classes will meet in the school at the new class time, 6-7:15 p.m. While we will NOT be doing temperature checks. NEW Masks are no longer required!!
- EDGE (6th / 7th / 8th grade), Attending class, classes began on October 19th (on Tuesdays only). Class time will be 6-7:30 p.m. in the School Cafeteria. While we will NOT be doing temperature checks. NEW Masks are no longer required!!
EDGE students are encouraged to join us on Instagram (@stbedge).
For All IMPORTANT: If not already receiving group text messages from us, parents are URGED to sign ASAP (See REMIND info., below) plus submit your Email address to the church office, in order to receive the latest, up-to-date information.
REMIND Class group texting
All Parents of new kids into our program are strongly urged to sign up for our REMIND class group texting. in order to receive up-to-date information via text. (Parents of children in our program & signed up last year, were automatically moved up to their next grade.) Simply sign-up based on each of your children’s grade levels in religion by texting the following, by grade:
- Kindergarten Parents text: @yf2033 to 81010 … to receive messages for Kindergarten students
- 1st Grade Parents text: @yf2032 to 81010
- 2nd Grade Parents text: @yf2031 to 81010
- 3rd Grade Parents text: @yf2030 to 81010
- 4th Grade Parents text: @yf2029 to 81010
- 5th Grade Parents text: @yf2028 to 81010
- 6th Grade Parents text: @yf2027 to 81010
- 7th Grade Parents text: @yf2026 to 81010
- 8th Grade Parents text: @yf2025 to 81010
- 9th Grade Parents text: @yf2024 to 81010
- 10th Grade Parents text: @yf2023 to 81010
- 11th Grade Parents text: @yf2022 to 81010
Young Disciples (9th-11th grade):
For the upcoming activities, please visit the Young Disciples 9th-12th page.
Keep up with us on our Facebook Page (St. Bernadette Young Disciples) and on Instagram (@st_b_young_disciples).
Sundays 7 a.m., 9 a.m., 11 a.m. & 5:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m.
Monday - Thursday: 6 p.m.
St. Bernadette is switching to a new Mobile App, please sign up for this App as our old App is quickly failing to operate. Please click on the appropriate image below to join, once you have the App select St. Bernadette as your parish.
We also ask that you turn ON the Notifications so that we can send you messages informing you of up coming events, cancelations, Holy Day Mass times, etc.
Text ParishApp1 to 555888
Text ParishApp2 to 555888
409 Funderburk Avenue
Houma, LA 70364
The Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux has set up an Outreach Line for all victims/survivors of sexual abuse. In continuing our commitment to support and healing, we invite and encourage people who have been hurt or sexually abused recently or in the past by clergy, religious or other employees of the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux, to call our outreach line. The Outreach operates from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm daily Monday through Friday. A trained mental health professional responds to the line.
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux Sexual Abuse Outreach Line (985) 873-0026
- Father Andre' Melancon, Pastor
- Deacon Jimmy Brunet, Deacon
- Deacon James Lefevre, Deacon
- Vicki Breaux, Bookkeeper/Parish Secretary
- Wanda Fos, Youth Formation Coordinator (K-8th) / Children's Minister
- June Gonzales, Church Environment
- Al Hargis, Custodian
- Becky Landry, Receptionist/Youth Formation Assistant/Safe Environment Coordinator
- Amanda R. Callais, Youth Formation Coordinator (9th-12th)
- Lydia Landry, School Principal
- Elise LeBoeuf, School Assistant Principal