YOUTH FORMATION UPDATES
K-8th grade Religion Update: (updated 8/19/21)
- Homeschool (K-8th grade): For all who chose the Homeschool option this year, you will soon be given dates to pick up workbooks from the church office. We will send these dates to you in an email & a Remind text notification soon.
- K-3rd graders, Attending class, we have temporarily pushed back the beginning of our lower Elementary program (K-3rd only) due to the current Covid surge. You will soon be given dates to pick up workbooks from the church office. We will send these dates in an email & a Remind text notification. Along with your child’s book, you will get a short schedule to begin the workbook at home, until we are able to meet again in person. We will reevaluate the situation again, at the end of September, to see if we can meet beginning in October. Once we are able to meet again, we will notify parents via Email & Remind texts. When in-person classes begin, students will meet in the school at the new class time, 6-7:15 p.m.
- 4th & 5th graders, Attending class, we will attempt to begin regular classes soon, after Labor Day (projected start date is now September 13). New class time is 6-7:15 p.m. Like last year, these grades will meet in the Gym. Children will enter from the back doors of the Gym, entering from the school parking lot. While we will NOT be doing temperature checks, everyone will be required to wear a mask.
- EDGE (6th / 7th / 8th grade), Attending class, we will delay the beginning until after Labor Day (projected start date is September 7). Class time will be 6-7:30 p.m. in the Gym. Students will be dropped off from the school parking lot, and enter from the back doors of the gym. While we will NOT be doing temperature checks, everyone will be required to wear a mask.
For All IMPORTANT: If not already receiving group text messages & emails from us, parents are URGED to sign ASAP (See Remind info., below) plus submit your Email address to the church office, in order to receive the latest, up-to-date information.
Remind Class app.
All Parents of new kids into our program are strongly encouraged to sign up for our REMIND class app. in order to receive up-to-date information via text. (Parents of children in our program & signed up last year, were automatically moved up to their next grade.) Simply sign-up based on each of your children’s grade levels in religion by texting the following, by grade:
- Kindergarten Parents text: @yf2033 to 81010 … to receive messages for Kindergarten students
- 1st Grade Parents text: @yf2032 to 81010
- 2nd Grade Parents text: @yf2031 to 81010
- 3rd Grade Parents text: @yf2030 to 81010
- 4th Grade Parents text: @yf2029 to 81010
- 5th Grade Parents text: @yf2028 to 81010
- 6th Grade Parents text: @yf2027 to 81010
- 7th Grade Parents text: @yf2026 to 81010
- 8th Grade Parents text: @yf2025 to 81010
Classes for 9th-11th graders will start at the beginning of October.
Young Disciples (9th-11th grade):
Keep up with us on our Facebook Page (St. Bernadette Young Disciples) and on Instagram (@st_b_young_disciples). For the upcoming activities, please visit the Young Disciples 9th-12th page.
EDGE students are encouraged to join us on Instagram (@stbedge).
Sundays 7 a.m., 9 a.m., 11 a.m. & 5:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m.
Monday - Thursday: 6 p.m.
St. Bernadette is switching to a new Mobile App, please sign up for this App as our old App is quickly failing to operate. Please click on the appropriate image below to join, once you have the App select St. Bernadette as your parish.
We also ask that you turn ON the Notifications so that we can send you messages informing you of up coming events, cancelations, Holy Day Mass times, etc.
Text ParishApp1 to 555888
Text ParishApp2 to 555888
409 Funderburk Avenue
Houma, LA 70364
The Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux has set up an Outreach Line for all victims/survivors of sexual abuse. In continuing our commitment to support and healing, we invite and encourage people who have been hurt or sexually abused recently or in the past by clergy, religious or other employees of the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux, to call our outreach line. The Outreach operates from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm daily Monday through Friday. A trained mental health professional responds to the line.
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux Sexual Abuse Outreach Line (985) 873-0026
- Father Andre' Melancon, Pastor
- Deacon Jimmy Brunet, Deacon
- Deacon James Lefevre, Deacon
- Vicki Breaux, Bookkeeper/Parish Secretary
- Wanda Fos, Youth Formation Coordinator (K-8th) / Children's Minister
- June Gonzales, Church Environment
- Al Hargis, Custodian
- Becky Landry, Receptionist/Youth Formation Assistant/Safe Environment Coordinator
- Amanda R. Callais, Youth Formation Coordinator (9th-12th)
- Lydia Landry, School Principal
- Elise LeBoeuf, School Assistant Principal